Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Zucchini Cake- Yum!

What better way to use up your zucchini than in this rich, moise, super yummy, fantastic cake? We had some friends over this past weekend and they were in charge of the dessert. WOW!! It was sooooo good. She was nice enough to share the recipe (thanks Vanessa!!) In the past 3 days we have made it twice more.

Chocolate Zuccini Cake Recipe

1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup oil
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups grated zuccini (if the zucchini is large, remove seeds first)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
4 TBS cocoa
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt

Mix all wet ingredients first, then dry ingredients.
Grease a 9X13" pan (I also tried it in 2 (9 inch) pans- works perfect- keep one and give one away)

Topping
3/4 Cup Pecans-chopped
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Chocolate chips
Mix together and sprinkle on the top. Pat it down just a little.

Bake at 350 for 40-45 min.

Serve warm with vanilla Ice Cream!

Our new favorite cake!!
Enjoy

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

2 comments:

  1. Do you still like the homemade laundry soap? I ask because I used it last year and thought it was doing well until my daughter did a science project. Her project was to test what laundry soap got out stains the best. Tide won hands down and the homemade soap tested horrible. It barely even lightened the stains. I was sad about the results because I really wanted to homemade soap to do better. What has your experience been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question- Yes, I am still using the homemade laundry soap. I have had quite good success. However, with any laundry soap I use "Shout" for stains before I throw it in the wash. In addition, I have been using 1/4 scoop of oxy-clean in each load. I have a front loader machine and I have felt that it doesn't work as well as the top loader machines in getting the clothes as clean. However, I have had good success with the homemade stuff. Do I still prefer Tide with Bleach? Yes. Will I keep using the homemade laundry soap? Yes. I have been quite happy thus far using only the homemade. In fact, I think I would have a really hard time paying for Tide again. It is just so expensive. I have also tried in the past all the cheaper brands. I prefer the homemade to the cheaper stuff. Make sure to pretreat stains with "Shout" and it works great. I have noticed with the oxy-clean that my whites are looking really nice.

    ReplyDelete