Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mini Quiches

This is one of my favorite appetizers.  Each time I take them to an event, I get multiple requests for the recipe. Now that our chickens are laying, I love to make things to use them up!


Mini Quiches
Pastry:
  • 3 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sifted flour
Combine all ingredients and chill one hour.  I use a food processor with cold butter and cold cream cheese.  I mix it until it forms a ball.  I do not chill for the hour if I use cold ingredients in the processor- only if the butter and cream cheese are room temperature.

Filling:
  • 1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled (or use precooked bacon)
  • 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Dash cayenne pepper or Tabasco
Spray mini tins with Pam.  Form balls of dough and place in mini muffin tins. Use a tart shaper to form shells (or press dough into muffin pans with your fingers.

Mix together eggs, cream, salt and cayenne pepper.  Sprinkle bacon then cheese in tart shells.  Pour egg mixture over cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  Quiche can be made ahead and frozen.  If you are planning to freeze them, slightly under bake them.  They will finish cooking when they are reheated.   Makes about 36 quiches.  Yummy!



Roll little blobs of dough and place in sprayed pan.











Use a tart press to make the shells.  Or, you can just press it in with your fingers.











The tart shells ready to be filled.











Filled and ready to be baked.











The finished product!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

1 comment:

  1. This is not a good thing to look at at almost 2 a.m. Now I'm craving mini quiche. . .

    ReplyDelete