Sunday, July 25, 2010

Re-using/Refurbishing/Remodeling things

One of the best ways that we save money on furniture items is to transform something old into something new for us.  I have been wanting to purchase a food server for our patio.  We like to entertain, and there is never enough room for the food.  We end up going in and out of the house multiple times.  Recently I saw at a yard sale an old computer desk.  It cost me $5.00.  It was the perfect height, and the perfect width for where I wanted it to go.  So, my husband and I went to work. We painted the metal to match our patio set.  We then tiled the top and shelves.  It turned out perfect for what we want to use it for!  And, it only cost about $30 total!  Can't beat that.
We painted the metal to match our existing patio set.
We then started placing the tiles.  We used the fake tiles that just stick on.  No hardi-backer, or grout!

The finished product








Like Grandma Mazie used to say, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!"

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment