Monday, March 30, 2009

Spices!

One of the best things you can store in your food storage is a variety of spices. These make ordinary food extraordinary! In the next few posts I will share some money saving ideas using your stored spices. Some of my favorite spices to have on hand in bulk are: dehydrated onions, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion salt, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, taco seasoning (homemade), onion soup mix (homemade), oregano, basil & rosemary.

I like to buy dehydrated onions at the LDS church cannery (#10 can with 2.8 lbs). Price: $7.15. This is much cheaper than buying them at even Costco or Sam's club. Most other spices are cheapest at Costco or Sam's. After buying the bulk spices, I fill up a smaller container that goes in my cupboard in my kitchen. The large container I keep in my food storage room. When my small container is empty, I just refill it with the large.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying your blog. I just found you and wanted to mention that if you have an Alison's Pantry rep in your area they have tons of spices by the pound at VERY good prices. They also have gravy mixes, soup mixes and lots of other things. ourfamily@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete