Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chili-Roasted Chickpeas (or any other bean)

When you are feeling like you want a salty, crunchy, healthy snack, you may want to try these! These were demonstrated at the bean class I went to. I got a small cup to take home for the family to try, but they didn't make it home. The following day I made another batch and we gobbled them up too. They sort of remind me of corn-nuts, but I think they taste a lot better. They are filled with fiber as well!


Chili-Roasted Chickpeas
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine in a medium bowl:
2 (16 oz) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained (I have also used kidney beans and black beans- you will want to use about the same size of bean if you combine different ones so they will cook evenly.)
1-2 TB olive oil
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
Transfer mixture to a lighly greased 17x12 inch jelly roll pan. Bake 30-40 minutes or until crispy and dry, stirring every 10 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.

Try sugar and cinnamon too!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment