Sunday, November 8, 2009

Electrolyte Drink Recipe (like Pedialyte)

Last night my ward had a meeting on provident living for all adults. A wonderful dvd was shown on preparedness (very motivating- more info to come), and a "Flu Homecare Guide" was given out. The guide was quite informative. Click here to view. One thing I really liked from it was the recipe it contained for making your own Electrolyte drinks (Pedialyte; AdvoCare Rehydrate). I guess this impressed me because just 2 days ago, we had my daughter into the doctor for dehydration. Electrolyte drinks are very expensive in the store, so this seems like a great way to save some money.

Electrolyte Drinks
1 quart water
3-4 TB sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp salt substitute containing potassium chloride

Mix well and flavor with lemon juice or sugar free powdered fruit drink mix.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment