Saturday, November 14, 2009

Slow Cooker Stew- YUMMY!!


This is one of our family's favorite cold weather dishes.  It is easy, and I usually have everything on hand. I make a big batch because my kids love to take it in their lunches the next day, and I love it as leftovers as well.  Give it a try!  This recipe was handed down from my husbands family. 

Stew
2 pounds boneless stew meat (brown in a small amount of oil)
2 medium onions, diced or sliced
1 cup celery, cut in large pieces
6 cups carrots, cut in bite size pieces
4-6 potatoes, cut in large chunks

Place in slow cooker in layers in order given.  Sprinkle top with:
2 TB Minute Tapioca
1 TB sugar
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper

Mix 1 can tomato soup with 1 can of water.  Pour over top of ingredients.  DO NOT STIR.  Cover tightly and cook on Low for at least 5 hours.  Can also cook in the oven at 275 degrees for at least 5 hours.  YUMMY!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment