Sunday, November 8, 2009

Turkey Cake-Pops


My kids and I had so much fun making these!  We gave them out to the Relief Society sisters after I taught the lesson today.  They were a huge hit!  These were modified from www.bakerella.com.  They are lots of fun, and so cute!!!  I can't wait to try some Christmas ones!

Directions:
  1.  Bake a cake in a 9x13 pan until done.  I used a spice cake mix. Cool.
  1. Crumble cake into a large mixing bowl.
  2. Add 3/4 tub of prepared frosting (I used cream cheese flavor).  
  3. Mix well.  Mixture should hold together well when rolled in hand.
  4. Roll mixture into balls that are approximately 1.25 inches.  I used a small scoop to get the right amount, and then rolled it in my palms.
  5. Put a paper sucker stick into the ball, and place on waxed paper (or even better, a Silpat mat)
  6. When all balls have a stick in them, place in freezer for about 15 minutes or until they are more solid.
  7. In the meantime, melt dipping chocolate, or chocolate bark coating according to directions.
  8. Dip each ball, lightly tapping any excess back into the bowl.
  9. Place in strofoam to harden.
To decorate:  Use your imagination! I went to the grocery store and in the bulk section, found a fruit/nut trail mix.  I picked out a few pieces of orange fruit (I cut them at home into small triangles) for the beak.  I used a raw almond for the head.  I used a small Christmas Light sprinkle for the waddle (is that even what it is called?), sugar eyes (on some, I just used an edible marking pen), and clearance candy corn (Indian corn) for the feathers.
1.  Make up the heads.  Use the melted chocolate as a "glue".  Put the pieces on the head (beak, waddle, eyes) and let harden. In the picture they don't have eyes yet.







2.  Take the top 1/3 off the candy corn.  This helps it stick better onto the body. Once again, use the chocolate as a "glue".  I found that the cooler the chocolate is, the better (right before it is too hard to use). This helps the candy corns stay in place better.

3.  Attach the head.  Stick back into strofoam until hardened.
4.  Put in sucker bag and tie with ribbon.
5.  Enjoy!


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment