- I really had to plan out what we were going to eat for each week.
- I tried to only go to the store once each week.
- I tried to only buy what was on my list (that didn't work too well)
- I "ad-matched" all of our produce, making it really inexpensive.
- I was able to buy about $100 of food storage.
- Not only did we eat fabulously, I had money left over!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
My Grocery Cash Experiment
I don't use credit cards. However, I do use my debit card all the time. I decided that last month, January, I would try to only use cash for groceries, since this is the area we have the most control over. I slashed my food budget by 35% (just to see if I could do it), got that amount of cash, and put it in an envelope. Every purchase I made at the store for food, laundry, household goods, etc, I used this cash. Here is what I found out:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment